Trong tài liệu này tôi sẽ tổng hợp các bài toán đại số trong kì thi chọn HSG Quốc gia (VMO).
These are problems, its solutions will coming soon! Pdf file 46_problems
These are problems, its solutions will coming soon! Pdf fle 45_problems
These are problems, Its solutions will coming soon! Pdf file 44_problems
These are problems, solutions will coming soon. Pdf file 43_problems
Let be a group and let be a nonempty set.
1. Let act on the set . Prove that if and for some , then ($G_a$ is the stabilizer of ). Deduce that if acts transitively on then the kernel of the action is .
2. Let be a permutation group on the set (i.e., ), let and let . Prove that . Deduce that if acts transitively on then
3. Assume that is an abelian, transitive supgroup of . Show that . Deduce that [Use the preceding exercise.]
4. Let act on the set of ordered pairs: by . Find the orbits of on . For each find the cycle decomposition of under this action (i.e., find its cycle decomposition when is considered as an element of – first fix a labelling of these nine ordered pairs). For each orbit of acting on these nine points pick some and find the stabilizer of in .
5. For each parts (a) and (b) repeat the preceding exercise but with action on the specified set:
(a)The set of triples
(b)The set of all nonempty subsets of .
6. Let be the set of all polynomials with integer coefficients in the independent variables and act on by permuting the indices of the four variables: for all and .
a)Find the polynomials in the orbit of on containing ;
b)Find the polynomials in the orbit of on containing ;
c)Find the polynomials in the orbit of on containing .
7. Let be a transitive permutation group on the finite set . A block is a nonempty subset of such that for all either or .
a)Prove that if is a block containing the element of then is a subgroup of containing ;
b)Show that if is a block and are all dinstinct images of under the elements of then these form a partion of ;
c)A transitive group on a set is said to be primitive if the only blocks in are the trivial ones: the sets of size and itself. Show that is primitive on . Show that is not primitive as a permutation group on the four vertices of a square;
d)Prove that the transitive group is primitive of iff for each , the only subgroups of containing are and .
8. A transitive permutation group on a set is called doubly transitive if for any (hence all) the subgroup is transitive on the set .
a)Prove that is doubly transitive on for all ;
b)Prove that a doubly transitive group is primitive. Deduce that is not doubly transitive in its action on the vertices of a square.
9. Assume acts transitively on the finite set and let be a normal subgroup of . Let be the distinct orbits of on .
a)Prove that permutes the sets . Prove that is transitive on . Deduce that all orbits of on have the same cardinality;
b)Prove that if then and .
10. Let and be subgroups of the group . For each define the double coset of in to be the set
a)Prove that is the union of the left cosets , where is the orbit containing of acting by left multiplication on the set of left cosets of ;
b)Prove that is the union of right cosets of ;
c)Prove that and are either the same set or are disjoint for all . Show that the set of double cosets partitions ;
d)Prove that ;
e)Prove that .
P.S. These problems are from ”Dummit and Foote, Abstract Algebra”. Solutions will coming soon! 😀
Pdf file: 41_problems
Download all following 5 files
Note: Use winrar.
Let be a function such that and . Find the limit .
Let be a sequence given by . Calculate .